CERTIFICATE In Corporate Accounting
Introduction to Professional Accounting (Expected Hours: 4)
- Need of Accounting
- Accounting Flow
- Types of Business Entities
- Accounting Entries – Basics
- Introduction to Capital, Liabilities & Assets
- Introduction to Income & Expenditure
- Capital Expenditure vs. Revenue Expenditure
- Accounting Entries – Contra Entries & Journal Entries
Stages in Professional Accounting (Expected Hours: 25)
- Primary Book Entry
- Ledger Entry
- Trial Balance
Preparation of Financial Statement (Expected Hours: 25)
- Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account for Proprietorship Firm
- Partnership Firms
- Companies – Private Limited & Public Limited
- Practical examples on Preparation of Financial Statements
Accounting – in Real Time (Expected Hours: 6)
- Introduction to Bank Transactions – Cheques / NEFT / RTGS / DD
- Bank Accounts – Savings Account, Current Account, Overdraft Account & Loan Account
- Bank reconciliation
- Need for Bank Reconciliation
- Aspects of Bank Reconciliation
- Accounting for Special Bank Transactions
Accounting For Fixed Assets (Expected Hours: 4)
- Nature of Fixed Assets
- Cost of Fixed Assets
- Depreciation Accounting
- Concept of Useful Life, Salvage Value etc.
- Sale of Fixed Assets – Accounting – Recognition of Profit / Loss
Income Tax&Tax Deducted At Source (Expected Hours: 10)
- Concept of TDS
- Applicability of TDS for business entity
- Provisions of TDS & applicable payments
- Rates of TDS and limits of expenses
- Compliance of TDS
- Filing of TDS Returns and Payment of TDS
- Consequence of non-deduction of TDS
Income tax provisions for accountants (Expected Hours: 10)
- Residential status
- Income from salary
- Income from house property
- Profit or gains from business or profession
- Capital gains
- Income from other sources
- Chapter VI-a deductions and rebates
- Return filing due dates and penalties
- Income tax E- filings
PF / ESI – Statutory Compliance (Expected Hours: 6)
- Introduction to PF, ESI
- Applicability of PF and ESI
- Payment of PF & ESI
Goods & Service Tax (Expected Hours: 30)
- Introduction to GST
GST – Statutory Compliance
GST – Invoice, Debit Note, Credit Note
Payment of GST & Input Tax Credit
Filing of Returns under GST
Introduction to Computerized Accounting – Tally ERP 9 & Prime (Expected Hours: 60)
Concept of Management Information System Reports (MIS Reporting) (Expected Hours: 10)
Accounting Software (Expected Hours: 10)
- Introduction to Quickbooks Accounting
- Computer Basics – Hardware & Software – Generalized software.
- Introduction to MS Excel – Work books – Work sheets/Spreadsheets (Adding sheets, deleting & Renaming sheets) – Datatypes in Excel – Spreadsheet Analysis – Calculations using MS Excel – Accounting related analysis – Comparison tests – generating reports using MS Excel.
- Formatting the sheet – Explaining groups in Home Tab – Font – Clipboard – Alignment – Number – Wrap Text – Merge & Center.
- Using formulas in MS Excel.
- Excel Functions – Basic functions in Excel.
- Assignment 1- Preparing Mark list of 5 students.
- Filling series – sorting the list (Using Filter & Sort Button and using Data-sort).
- Conditional formatting.
- Inserting Headers and Footers, Text boxes, Word Art and Comments.
- Assignment 3 – Preparation of Data table (What if Analysis).
- Preparing charts using the Data table prepared.
- Page Layout tab – Margins, size, Orientation and Print Area.
- Formulas tab – Logical functions.
- Mathematical and Lookup functions
- Data Validation.
- Data Consolidation.
- Introduction to MS Word.
- Preparing word documents – inserting images, Word Art, Header & Footer, Tables and Text Boxes.
- Drafting Letters in MS Word.
+2/B.Com/ Any Equivalent Degree
200 hours (5 – 6 months)
- Professional Accounting
- Preparation of Trial Balance, Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
- Accounts Management – Bank Management & Cash Management
- Professional Corporate Accounting
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Income Tax – Accountants’ Perspective
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) – Accountants’ Perspective
- Statutory Compliances & Return Filing
- Computerized Accounting