A GST Practitioner is a type of consultant who offers online services to other taxpayers. A registered person can instruct an approved GST practitioner to provide information to the government on his behalf. If you want to acquire some stability in your professional life, a career as a GST Practitioner will help you. GST practitioners are crucial people in the GST system who help and ease compliance.
The Requirements to Become a GST Practitioner
They should be Indian citizens.
They must be of sound mind; they must not have been declared bankrupt, and they must not have been convicted of a crime punishable by a sentence of two years or more in jail.
A GST practitioner’s responsibilities include the following:
On behalf of a registered person, a registered Goods & Services Tax practitioner can do any or all of the following activities:
Returns should be provided on a monthly, quarterly, yearly, or final basis.
Provide information about outgoing and incoming supplies.
Make a refund claim.
Deposit the electronic cash ledger for credit.
Apply for registration amendment or cancellation.
The GST practitioner must compose each statement with care and affix his digital signature to it, or electronically authenticate it using his credentials.
In terms of seeing, creating, and saving, a GST practitioner will perform the following tasks on behalf of their clients:
- Application for a GST registration amendment, cancellation, or revocation (after confirmation from a registered person)
- Application for participation in or exclusion from the composition levy
- View the GSTR 1, GSTR-3B, CMP-08, ITC-04, and other electronic cash, liability, and credit ledgers, as well as many additional returns and ITC forms.
- GSTR 9 and GSTR 4 are two different types of GSTRs.
- Make a challan and deposit the money in the electronic cash register.
- RFD-11 is a refund claim form (after confirmation from a registered person)
- View and produce Advance Rulings, DRC-03, and LUT applications.
GST (Goods and Services Tax) is an indirect tax in India that applies to the provision of goods and services. Furthermore, it is a multistage and comprehensive tax, as it applies at every stage of the manufacturing process. GST courses in Kerala cover all job-oriented training programs for students and also provide practical classes.
All GST practitioners must pass the GST Practitioner exam. It establishes your competence and gains the taxpayers’ trust and trustworthiness. Within two years of enrolling as a GST Practitioner, you must pass the exam. You should register for GSTP on the GST portal and pass the required GSTP Exams.
GST Practitioner’s Role
Being a GST practitioner entails a variety of tasks and roles. Today, the GST practitioner’s position is evolving to reflect more forward-thinking approaches. As a result, a GST practitioner must perform any or all of the following tasks:
- To begin, provide information on outbound and inbound supply.
- Second, submit returns on a monthly, quarterly, yearly, or final basis.
- In addition, any credit should be deposited into the electronic cash ledger.
- In addition, submit a refund claim.
- Finally, apply for registration cancellation or revision.